Globacom (Glo) is no doubt one of the best network, if not the best, when it comes to providing customers with unbeatable data plans at cheaper rate. In this article, you will be learning how to share data on Glo to Glo with your family and friends.
You might not just want to share your data with family and friends, but with one of your Glo lines on other devices, like smartphone, modem, or MiFi. As you do not necessarily need to be subscribing the lines on the devices separately.
For instance, I prefer to use modem on my PC instead of using my phone Wi-Fi. All I have to do is to add the other Glo line in modem to the data sharing list on the line with data bundle. Read on to know how you can add Glo Lines to your data sharing list.
Note that the Glo line you shared your data bundle with will continue to have access to the internet, and the charges will be deducted from your data balance until your data finishes. Once you subscribe again, they will continue to browse from your data balance, except you remove them from your data sharing list.
Also note that you can not control the amount of data being used by the lines added to your sharing list. You may consider Gifting the Glo line data if you want to allocate a specific amount of MB to the lines.
- How to Transfer Data on Glo to Glo line?
- How to Share Data on Glo to Glo
- How To Check Who Is Sharing Your Data On Glo?
- How to know who shared me data on Glo?
- How Do I Stop Sharing Data On Glo?
- Final thoughts
How to Transfer Data on Glo to Glo line?
Glo does not allow you to transfer data directly to other Glo lines from your data balance.
For instance, you have 200mb of data and want to transfer say 100mb to another line, it will not be possible. However, you can share your data plans with other Glo lines by adding them to your data sharing list.
Continue reading to see how to share MB on Glo to Glo below.
How to Share Data on Glo to Glo
Don’t get this twisted: as noted earlier, to share data on Glo simply means to add a Glo line to be beneficiary to your Glo data balance, NOT transferring some part of your data balance to them. However, some data plans are giftable but not sharable.
The four methods to share data from Glo to Glo are:
Method 1: Share Glo data with SMS
To share Glo data using SMS, send “Share PhoneNumber” to 127 in SMS without the quotes.
For Example: Share 09057759813
Method 2: Share Glo data using USSD codes
The fastest way to share Glo data using USSD is by dialing *127*01*PhoneNumber#.
For Instance: *127*01*09057759813#
Alternatively, you can use *777#:
- Dial *777#
- Enter 2 for “Data” then send
- Enter 4 for “Share Data Plan”
- Enter 1 to “Share”
- Enter the Glo line and send. You will get feedback to know the status of your request.
Method 3: Share Glo data using Glo Cafe mobile app
To share your data on Glo using Glo cafe:
- Open Glo Cafe app
- Click on “Share/Gift”
- Select “Share Data” tab
- Enter the Glo number or click the contact icon to select from your contacts
- then click on share data. Your data will now be shared with the number.
Method 4: Share Glo data from Glo HSI Portal
Glo HSI Portal is special self-care planform where Glo data subscribers can buy and manage their data. On Glo HSI Portal, you can buy data plan, share data data, view your data balance and expiration date, and many more.
To share your MB on Glo through Glo HSI Portal:
- Open Glo HSI Portal on browser using the Glo line with data you wish to share
- Click “Share it” under the list of your data plan.
- Enter the Glo number you want to data with and click the plus button. The number will be added to benefit from your data balance.
Once you have used any of the method above, your data will now be shared with the number. The number will get a message notifying them about the data being shared with their line. You will get an SMS informing you that you shared your data with another line.
However, if you wish to send a particular amount of data (MB) to your family and friends, you should make use of Glo data Gifting.
You make like to read:
How To Check Who Is Sharing Your Data On Glo?
I recommend checking people sharing your data balance with you using Glo Cafe app, or with Glo HSI Portal.
To check who is sharing your data using Glo HSI Portal:
- Open Glo HSI Portal in a browser using the Glo SIM
- Click “Share it”. You will see the list of numbers sharing your data (MB) with you.
To check who is sharing your data using Glo cafe app:
- Open and log in to Glo cafe app,
- click “Share/Gift”
- Click on the data tab. You will see the list of numbers sharing your data with you.
These two methods above work perfectly even if you don’t have data at the moment, or you’re on night sub.
There are two other ways you can also use to check people on your data sharing list, which are through USSD. However, I don’t recommend them, because it does not always show the numbers sharing your data, especially if you don’t have regular data subscription on your line or when you have only night sub.
To check your data sharing list using USSD:
- Dial *127*00#
- Dial *777#, enter 2 for “Data”, enter 6 for “Manage Data Plan”, then enter 5 to check sharing members.
Remember, this method will only work if you have a regular active data subscription.
If your Glo data (MB) is draining too fast, chances are you added someone to your data sharing list and have forgotten or someone added their line to your sharing list without your notice.
Which ever is the case, you can always check who is sharing your data with you with the methods discussed above.
Don’t want to share your data again with a certain line you added? Continue reading to see different ways to remove people from sharing your data on Glo.
- How To Enjoy Cheap Data With MTN Welcome Back Offer
- How to Use WhatsApp on PC Without Phone and Emulator
How to know who shared me data on Glo?
- Open Glo HSI Portal with your Glo line
- click “share it” if you have data at all on you line
Click menu and select “Account” if you are browsing from a shared plan
- Click “Shared with you”.
You will see the list of Glo numbers that shared their data plan with you if there is any.
This can also help you to know when someone that added you to their data sharing list have removed you.
How Do I Stop Sharing Data On Glo?
To stop people from sharing your data on Glo:
- Dial *127*02*PhoneNumber#
- send “Remove PhoneNumber” to 127 without the quotes.
These two methods will work perfectly if you know or have the Glo line you want to remove.
To remove numbers you don’t have from sharing your data on Glo:
- Open hsi.glo.com on browser with your Glo SIM, click “Share It”, then click or the “X” beside the numbers to remove them
- Open Glo Cafe, click Share/Gift, select “Share Data” tab, then click delete icon beside the number and click “Yes”.
- 2 Best Ways to Save Facebook Videos to Phone Gallery
- How to Retrieve Remita Receipt Without RRR (3 Easy Methods)
- How to Move WhatsApp to New Phone Without Losing Data
Hope this article covered all you need to know about how to share data on Glo to Glo.
In as much as this feature helps you to share your data with family and friends from your balance, you should also check your data sharing list often, especially when your data is burning faster than usual. This is because someone can use your phone to add their self to your data share list without your consent.
The maximum number of Glo users/numbers you can add to share your data is five (5) and some Glo data plans are not sharable but only giftable.
N.B.: To access Glo HSI Portal, you must use the Glo SIM card in question with data in it. But to use Glo cafe app, you can use any internet service provider, but you have to enter the verification code that will be sent to the Glo number you want to login with.
As have noted before, have in mind that you cannot control the volume of data the person you added to your data share lists consumes. Use the Glo Data gifting feature if you want to allocate a particular volume of data to your family and friends.
Thanks for stopping by.