In this post, you are going to learn how to install Jetpack plugin on your WordPress website.
Jetpack is a plugin made by WordPress experts to make WP sites safer and faster, and help you grow your traffic. Jetpack comes with tons of free features that will hugely benefit your WordPress website.
Jetpack free features include: site stats, a high-speed CDN for images, related posts, downtime monitoring, brute force attack protection, automated sharing to social networks, sidebar customization, SEO (search engine optimization) tools, and many more.
As already stated, Jetpack free plan provide you with basic and useful features, but if you are planning on upgrading or opting in for paid version, you do need to check the comparisons between Jetpack plans.
Note: the two basic things you need in order to get Jetpack running on your website include: self-hosted and publicly accessible WordPress site and WordPress.com account.
You can create a free WordPress.com here, if don’t have one yet.
Also read 👇
How to Install Jetpack in WordPress
There are several ways to install WordPress plugin on WordPress website, but the easiest method is installing directly from WordPress plugin page (that is if the plugin in question is on WordPress repository).
Follow the steps below to install Jetpack directly from your WordPress dashboard:
- Step 1: When you have successfully logged in to you WordPress dashboard, hover your mouse (or click) on “Plugins” from the menu at the left, then click on “Add New”.
- Step 2: on the Add Plugins page, enter “Jetpack” into the search box and wait for your request to be processed.
- Step 3: “Jetpack – WP Security, Backup, Speed, & Growth” would be the first result from your search, click on “Install Now” and wait for the plugin to be automatically installed.
- Step 4: Click on “Activate” When the plugin is done installing.
- Step 5: once Jetpack is successfully activated, you will be prompted to set up Jetpack, then click on “Set up Jetpack”.
- Step 6: You will be prompted to connect Jetpack to your WordPress.com account, click on “Approve”.
Kudos! You have successfully installed Jetpack on your WordPress website.